Via West is located on a stunning 13.5 acre, fully accessible campus in the Cupertino foothills. Our one of a kind outdoor learning facility feels like a secluded natural retreat but we are a mere 7 miles from the intersection of highways 280 and 85.
- 5 dormitory style sleeping lodges
- Plentiful handicapped-accessible toilets & showers in each lodge
- Main lodge with large commercial kitchen
- Creative arts building
- Performance arts building
- 2 accessible, newly renovated swimming pools
- Accessible hiking and fitness trails
- Sports court
- Horse corral
- 2 amphitheaters
- Accessible garden
Program and Counseling Staff
Via West is dedicated to providing our families with the highest quality staff. The majority of our staff are undergraduate or graduate students working towards degrees in nursing, special education, social work, counseling, physical therapy, adaptive physical education, vocational education, etc.
Staff Recruitment and Training
- Only the most caring and competent individuals are selected
- All staff members undergo fingerprinting, Department of Justice background checks, and reference checks
- Extensive training is received prior to serving participants
Via West has a state-of-the-art onsite, fully equipped Health Care Center, as well as a Registered Nurse on campus 24/7.
There is an urgent care 4 miles (10-15 minutes) away: http://www.ushealthworks.com/Medical-Center/California/Cupertino.html
El Camino Hospital is 6 miles (15 minutes) away: https://www.elcaminohospital.org/locations/mounta-view-campus
On-Site Health Care Needs Supported
- Medically Prescribed Treatments (ex. Respiratory Treatments)
Via West is proud to be able to accommodate special diets for our participants.We have 2 full-time chefs who are highly skilled in accommodating a diverse array of diets and nutritional needs.
Special Diets Supported
- Gluten Free
- Casein Free
- Lactose Free