What is an early intake assessment?
- Developmental assessment for children ages 0 to 36 months
- Assess for 5 areas of development: adaptive, social/emotional, gross/fine motor, receptive/expressive communication, cognitive
Why would my child need an early intake assessment?
- If you, a family member, and/or your pediatrician have a concern
- Your child is not meeting his/her developmental milestones
- You have a family history of developmental delays
- Your child was born prematurely and/or has health concerns
Where and when do the assessments take place?
- Via Services main office or in the family home
- Assessments typically take place 2-3 weeks after a referral is made
How do I enroll my child?
- Call the Early Start Hotline 1-800-404-5900 to make a referral and begin the assessment process