If you are interested in applying to Via Services for a position other those listed here, please click below for our general employment application.
HIRING NOW! WORK WEEKENDS ALL YEAR! TRAINING INCLUDED!
Via West Special Needs Counselor
Part-time, year-round, 2-3 weekends per month
Via West is a camp for kids and adults with special needs. We are interested in hiring caring, active, hardworking individuals who want to help serve the special needs population.
Via WestVia West counselors work in a hands-on, fully immersive setting with participants. Sessions typically revolve around arts and crafts, sports and games, cooking, outdoor recreation, and other various fun activities. These activities all take place in a camp setting in the scenic Cupertino Hills. Counselors need to have patience, compassion, respect for others, and a willing attitude. We provide training and support.
Most sessions run from 3:00pm on Friday to 3:30pm on Sunday.
What we ask of you:
- Provide attentive supervision during assigned activities.
- Establish relationships with participants.
- Provide a positive role model for participants by exhibiting an upbeat, cooperative, and friendly attitude at all times.
- Help participants learn and follow rules to ensure a safe and healthy environment.
- Be a problem–solver, but ask for help when necessary.
- Be punctual, organized, and follow directions.
- Room and Board (While working)
- Possible $2,000 in tuition reimbursement
- Possible Commitment Bonus depending on sessions worked
2019-2020 Fall/Winter/Spring Schedule
Remember the Titans 9/13-9/15
Jungle Book 9/27-9/29
Fear Factor 10/4-10/6
Camp Transylvania 10/18-1020
Headin’ to Sactown Travel 11/8-11/11
Home for the Holidays 12/13-12/15
Year of the Rat Celebration 1/10-1/12
Universal Studios Travel Camp 1/17-1/20
How To Train Your Dragon 1/31-2/2
Love Is In the Air 2/7-2/9
Down The Rabbit Hole 2/14-2/17
The Name Is Bond, James Bond 2/21-2/23
Saint Patty’s Day Extravaganza 3/6-3/8
Dr. Dolittle 3/13-3/15
Via West Derby Style 3/27-3/29
Earth Day 4/3-4/5
Bodega Bay Travel Camp 4/17-4/19
Ring In the Spring 4/24-4/26
Sharks and Mermaids 5/1-5/3
Viva La Via 5/8-5/10
Lost City of Atlantis 5/15-5/17
For more information about the job, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are seriously interested, please click the Apply Now button below.
Speech Language Pathologist
Via Services is looking for a Speech Language Pathologist to join our First Step team. This position will provide direct speech and language therapy services to children birth to 14 years old with communication or related disorders (ex. articulation/phonology disorders, language disorders, autism spectrum, cerebral palsy, apraxia, cleft palate, developmental disabilities, etc.). This position will work closely with other specialists on a multi-disciplinary team to conduct initial standardized assessments to determine eligibility for Early Start services.
- Manage and maintain patient caseload as directed by management
- Plan, organize and administer appropriate diagnostic and therapy services to assigned patients
- Complete written documentation of services provided (case notes, progress reports, and evaluations).
- Collaborate with parents/guardians and colleagues for therapeutic goals and frequency of services
- Provide recommendations and on-going consultation with parents
- Work with Via Intake team members and SARC Service Coordinators to provide Intake assessments to referred clients
- Intake team duties include, but are not limited to the following: Assist in preparing Intake files by providing all necessary paperwork and completing initial documentation prior to the Intake appointment. Review medical records and Early Start intake packet prior to initial client appointment. Administer standardized test(s) to children birth to three years. Complete IFSP report and all required paperwork.. Submit reports/documentation within mandated deadlines
- Adhere to HIPPA guidelines for records, files and documentation standards
- Follow OSHA standardized for maintaining assessment/treatment supplies, materials and equipment
- Provide administrative support including, but not limited to: maintaining client attendance sheets, maintaining monthly, re-stocking program forms and stock charts, monthly shopping (snacks), photocopying and reporting low inventories
- Collaborate and meet regularly with other team specialists to discuss topics related to program administration and clinical services
- Communicate with clients, families, staff, and others in respectful and culturally sensitive manner
- Provide information and support to families
- Attend workshops, seminars, and in-service trainings for professional growth
- Provide in-service trainings for fellow staff members on attended workshops and seminars
- Work towards meeting and supporting individual client and family goals and needs in coordination with other agencies including, but not limited to, the San Andreas Regional Center (SARC), Santa Clara County Office of Education (SCCOE), First 5, and community mental health agencies
- Complete all required paperwork in a timely and accurate manner
- Represent Via programs at community and professional functions as needed
- Attend and participate in monthly FS staff meetings and company-wide meetings and others as directed
- Assist in writing, brainstorming, and completing grant programs related to speech language pathology or related fields
- Perform other duties as assigned
- MA or MS in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited university
- Fingerprints (Livescan cleared)
Annual (ongoing) requirements:
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology from ASHA (after CF/RPE year)
- California State License in Speech-Language Pathology (Temporary RPE license upon approval)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work one-two late start days (e.g. 10:30-7:00pm)
- Ability to work with a diverse group of parents, staff, and community
- Must have own reliable motor vehicle transportation, mileage is reimbursed
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to lift young clients as needed during assessments, screenings, and/or therapy sessions
- Driver’s License, vehicle insurance and clear DMV report
- Proof of automotive insurance coverage
- TB test
- Mandated reporter training